CASSETTE DUPLICATION / ORDER FORM
Mastering for cassette:
• The peak level can be at -1dBFS
• The RMS level should be maximum 12dbs in order to avoid tape overload. However it is strictly related to the genre of music and the frequency response of it.
• Consider that below 40hz and over 18khz the frequency response of tape is very limited.
• Around 250hz to 300hz and about 1000hz are the hottest spot in tape recording. Therefore these frequencies tend to distort easier.
• Preferred format: .Wav - 44.100
• Highly recommended: In order to get the highest quality sound, we provide mastering for cassette. Every track will be mastered in a analog chain, and optimized for the cassette format, paying attention on each part of your mix and reducing the artefacts of the translation on the tape master.
• Audio Files as 2 separated tracks: ( A Side and B Side)Please send your audio files at least 20 seconds shorter of your tape length (example= max length: 29.39min/side for a C-60 tape)
• Master Cassette: Ferric, Chrome or Metal type - it should be the same length
• CDr Master: Submit one CD with just 2 tracks - A Side and B Side
• DAT, 1/4" Tape or USB stick please contact us
Standard, the best way to reproduce a wide frequency response, reaching clear and detailed high end and warm bottom end with a low noise floor.
Lo-Fi, cheaper and faster, the sound quality is still good, the noise floor is a slightly higher. Suggested for disto/noise music or Lo-Fi material. For instance, not really suitable for classical or extremely dynamic music.
Hi-Fi the lowest noise floor you can get on tape and very wide frequency response.
Ferric: warmer sound, punchy low end, a bit of limitation on the high end, the best choice for cassette sound lovers. Special lenghts might be requested.
Chrome: very detailed reproduction, lower noise, same frequency response of CD, the best for Hi-fi reproduction.
Turnaround time: 3-4 weeks - on body printing orders 4-5 weeks
COVER & LABELS TEMPLATE
files are preffered in PDF and TIFF. Please cover the entire area of the template with your artwork and hide the template's layer before saving as pdf.